Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bought two more simplicity patterns today....

What an absolute gorgeous day it was here in Western New York--sunny, warm....not sure what the temperature got up too.  Had plans of cutting out a pattern and never got around to it....now it's a week of work...ugh.  I did go to Joanne Fabrics (only fabric store around here) and took advantage of the 1.00 simplicity patterns.  These are my two choices:


I think this jacket is so cute.  But it isn't lined??!!  I would have thought it would be, especially if I choose wool.  Has anyone lined a jacket on their own?

It probably isn't difficult...but I like to follow a pattern.








Then I got this one:


I've got the urge to try a winter jacket/coat.  I have this 6 yard piece of 100% wool that i've had for a long time.  It's a blah color....black and cream, small check....I may try it.....



Well, now on to Pattern Review.com and see how others may have made them up........

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Wonderful! I can't wait to see both the jacket and the coat.

Kat said...

Lining it really isn't hard. But it helps to have a good book other than pattern instructions which are hit or miss. I like the lining instructions in my High Fashion Sewing Secrets book (by Claire Schaeffer I think). It takes a little concentration if you've never done a lining before or if it's been a long time since doing one, but the instructions are solid and sound with good illustrations.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels