Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Sewing...

I needed a quick dress to wear to my daughter's wedding shower.  This
 did the trick.  I wore it with a jacket over the top.  Sorry the picture is sideways.

 It was so very easy.  As you can see in the picture below, the tie belt went through buttonholes, they weren't  sewn into a seam.  The front was cut in two pieces and the back is one long piece.  If you want something quick to sew up, this pattern is it.  It also helped get me out of my sewing funk I had going on.

 Over the summer I made this top again....I have this same top in navy blue in a previous post.  I believe it was a McCall's pattern.


But I'm back.  I've been laid off from my job and now I'm going to do what I love....sew.  Not sure what is next, maybe a purse/bag.  I did get some fabric over the weekend.  I'm also going to move my sewing area back in the "alcove" upstairs where I have alot more room and I'm free to just leave it and not worry about cleaning up...!!  Yeah!!  I'm going to enjoy this unemployment for as long as I can...been working way too many years full-time.....right now, life is good.

1 comment:

Faye Lewis said...

Love your new dress and that top. Nice to see you blogging again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels