I altered a bridesmaid's dress from a 14 down to a 10. Oh yeah, that was tons of fun. But I did it. You can only imagine my fear when she came over to try it on. Gratefully, it fit and she was happy! Then someone called me with six pairs of shorts and a dress. Those, I completed this morning.
Now the dress for my attorney friend....
I did the invisible zip:
I couldn't find my plastic foot for this, so I just did it without. One trick is to iron the plastic teeth flat. Then get as close to them as possible with your zipper attachment, which I did. It came out great!
Then I pinned the lining to the zip:
Well, I HATE to hand sew. I need to learn some good techniques, because my handsewing comes apart sometimes, like hems. This pattern only called for lining on the top, but I added it to the skirt for looks and stability. But, back to my handsewing. After I took this picture I decided to attach the lining to the zipper and bottom center back seam with my machine. Sorry, I don't have a picture of that. It certainly doesn't look at professional, but I know it will hold for a long time.
So, basically I'm done with the dress. Now, I need to start the jacket. That is after a new alterations I have coming in this week...ugh. I'm not complaining, I like the extra money.