Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't make this mistake....

I have been sewing for over 40 years...you would think I would know better.
Remember this jacket?  It is actually a pretty blue color, which I posted in one of my previous posts.  My camera is very moody, what can I say. 
I washed it, hung it up and alas.. my interfacing shrunk!!!  I'm not sure I've ever preshrunk interfacing before...well, I have definitely learned my lesson.  I can easily fix it..just take off the buttons, tear off the interfacing and re-do it.  Someday.


I have been eyeing Pam's interfacing over at
http://www.sewexciting.blogspot.com/  for quite some time.  After my faux pas, I decided to order some.  I ordered it Sunday afternoon and received it Wednesday. 
(We don't live far from each other)   The interfacing I ordered is for shirts I plan on making my husband some day.  The instructions say it doesn't need preshrinking.  It's gorgeous interfacing and I can't wait to try it!!!!  Thanks Pam!

I'm almost done with another McCalls blouse...I'll post pictures later in the week.  It's a pretty purple from my stash.  I better hurry up because it's short sleeved. 

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Julia said...

What a bummer. I've never preshrunk interfacing either. Never thought about it. Thanks for sharing.

Pam~Off The Cuff ~ said...

So glad your package of interfacing arrived so quickly...we try to ship ASAP!

BTW, unless your interfacing is already pre-shrunk like the ones I have custom-milled...and says it does not shrink (in print !)..then you have to at least steam it before fusing.

Best, Pam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails