Sunday, November 21, 2010

Altering a Leather Jacket?

Am I nutz???  Well, maybe....but it only cost me $6.99!!!!!!  Yep.  I went to our neighborhood thrift store...which I often do....and found this leather jacket for only seven bucks.  It is very large on me.  I was tempted to just wear it as is, but decided yesterday to take it apart:
I need to bring up the shoulders about an inch...take in the sides an inch and hem the sleeves an inch.

I started on it....ripped the lining apart so that I could get inside and look around.

I love black leather for our Buffalo winters...plus I can dress it up with multiple colored fleece scarfs and gloves...yeah!
I'll keep ya posted!

3 comments:

DD said...

I bought two leathers from the thrift store over the summer with the same idea. Check it out. I just saw a post on patternreview for a Burda 2009-10-126 (I think) I am planning on tracing it today and see if I can alter it and make a leather. Wish me luck!!!

Alethia said...

Crazy or not~ you are a brave soul,lol!
I can't wait to see the end results. :)

Toocutedobs said...

Ok, I am impressed. I would never even think about doing this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels