Saturday, October 22, 2011

My sewing room....project.

Hiyall!  Thought I'd share with you what I've been up to these past few days....amazing what some time off from work produces, besides very sore muscles from moving things I should not be moving!!  The name of my blog "little sewing alcove" was from our upstairs bedroom, which had an alcove.  Our upstairs is just one big bedroom with two alcoves and a walk in closet.  Through the many many years we've lived here, both our kids have been up there.  Inbetween one of them moving in/out, I moved downstairs to a single small room:

It was cramped, alongside a single bed...but I loved my little corner of the world.  Did alot of staring out the back window instead of sewing....inspiration?  ya, maybe....right. 

Now both my kids (in their mid to late 20s) are both in their own homes and our "revolving door" has stopped....hehehe...So, I decided to move back upstairs into that alcove - again:

 This is behind me, it's a closet that I'm going to just keep fabric in and a place where girls can try on their dresses in private (for my alterations)...
 This is the other side of the room that I'm going to TRY to keep clutter free...yeah right.  And yes, those are books in the corner...my other obsession...
I've already taken my machines up and will take a pic when it's set up.

But the problem with all this is.......I have a new project I want to start......

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Oh my goodness, what a sewing space!

Kathy said...

oh Faye, it took me 30 years to get my own sewing room!!!! But I do miss the kids and family around me...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels